Saturday 3 March 2012

MY TIME TO SAY HELLO: Gretta– An Independent SpiritOne thing I love abo...


Gretta – An Independent Spirit

One thing I love about having my own blog and website is that I can now connect directly with my readers, and thank them sincerely for all the lovely letters I have received over the years about my books.

I’m also delighted to now have my novels published as eBooks, so all those readers who have written to me from Australia, New Zealand and the US will not have to wait for weeks for delivery by snail-mail, but will get them as fast as a click on a button – and snap – there it is! Those great techno experts have changed the world.

I’m also looking forward to the reprinting of all my books in paperback, because I’m seeing a lot of ludicrous prices being asked for “used” copies out there on various web sites – $150 to $329 – one of my “used” paperbacks sold a few weeks ago for $999 ! Only a true fan would pay that, but I reckon all readers should have to pay no more than a reasonable price for a book.
As you will see, I have written two “tie-in” books for a movie and a TV series, both commissioned by their production companies, and I hope to do more; but now I am excitedly preparing for the publication later this year of my new Historical novel, By Eastern Windows.

Bye for now.

Gretta








 

No comments:

Post a Comment